Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, July 19, 2015

Car Trouble

On Saturday night, I worked at camp until 10:00. I had a meeting early the next day to prepare for a presentation I am making on Wednesday. My gas light was on, so I decided to go get gas that night. After I pumped my gas, I went to pull out of the parking lot and a message popped up that said "AC powering off due to high engine temps." My thermometer went from the normal range to all the way at "H." I called Matthew, pulled over, and waited for him to rescue me.

When he came to my rescue, he popped my hood and realized there was no coolant in my radiator (I am not sure I am wording these correctly). So off to Wal-Mart we went. About 30-40 minutes later, we were back at my car, coolant in hand, when Matthew removed the lid. That is when we realized that someone had already opened the bottle of coolant because the seal was broken. We didn't want to risk pouring something in my car that was not in fact coolant...so back to Wal-Mart we went. Matthew and I were given a really hard time exchanging it (because a) he threw away the receipt and b) supposedly you cant make exchanges until 7:00 AM). We finally got it worked out and put the coolant in my car. Matt drove my car home while I got to drive his truck (that never happens).

The next day, we decided to go ahead and take my car to the dealership to drop off. I knew that my car needed more coolant because it was leaking so fast. So while Matthew hopped in his truck, I popped my hood to put in more coolant. He got out to help me (I couldn't get the child safety cap off the bottle). I filled it back up, went to put the bottle up, and Matthew tried to put the cap on the radiator....

But the cap fell behind/under the coolant reservoir and despite 2 hours of hard labor using duct tape, hangars, sticks, a car lift, and my little hand/wrist/arm...the cap could not be rescued. We drove to the dealership with a piece of duct tape over my reservoir.

Let the record show that I, Holly, did not drop the reservoir cap.  

No comments:

Post a Comment